Header Ads

MUSIC: A list of songs that Inspire me


There are definitely times when we feel lonely even when we are surrounded my many people. This often leads to craving for peace and silence. It also makes you realize that certain battles are to be fought individually. These situations often may manifest themselves into aloofness and social isolation. However, music can make us feel better and allow us to recover. In such situations it’s often advisable to avoid over crowded areas and try to find a place where you can think and ponder. It is also important to avoid listening to “noisy music” as it may affect us negatively. I have made a playlist of a few English songs which can inspire us in such situations and help us think clearly. They are as follows:

Imagine Dragons- Demons:
              “When your dreams all fail
               And the ones we hail
               Are the worst of all
             And the blood’s run stale”
The video of this song aptly speaks about our ghosts or the things that we want to forget. It reminds us about the merits of moving forward and taking things in our stride. It also motivates us to look at the good qualities of people rather than judge them on the basis of their bad qualities. 
Sara Bareilles- Brave:
“You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody’s lack of love
Or you can start speaking up”


The lyrics of this song along with the video are extremely refreshing and rejuvenating. The video exhorts the viewer to think creatively and start standing up for ourselves. It also beautifully puts up a message telling that everyone is unique both in their thought process as well as action and asks everyone to respect that individuality.

Coldplay- Viva La Vida
           “I used to rule the world
            Seas would rise when I gave the word
            Now in the morning I sleep alone
            Sweep the streets I used to own”

This amazing song along with its catchy beats always makes me feel like a king when I listen to it. It often tells me that everything’s going to be alright eventually despite the grave mistakes committed by me.

Bon Jovi- Always
             “Now your pictures that you left behind
              Are just memories of a different life
             Some that made us laugh, some that made us cry
             One that made you have to say goodbye
             What I'd give to run my fingers through your hair
             To touch your lips, to hold you near
             When you say your prayers try to understand
              I've made mistakes, I'm just a man”

This classic song reflects the pain one suffers when a person you love leaves you and you just can’t resist wanting them back. Bon Jovi’s voice gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.
U2- With or Without You:
     “My hands are tied, my body bruised
       She's got me with her..
       Nothing to win and nothing left to lose

This is another smashing hit which tells us about how far one may go often for love and how it is like a “bed of nails”. But it also tells us that many a times we cannot gain acceptance from all and it is more important to have faith in our own capabilities.

Pink- Fuc*** Perfect:
              “Made a wrong turn, once or twice
                Dug my way out, blood and fire
                Bad decisions, that's alright

This song deals with the so-called “perfection”and how perfection comes at a hefty price tag. It also tells us to be ourselves even when the societal norms don’t give us approve. It also helps us understand that beauty lies within the soul and not our physical look.

Celine Dion-My Heart Will Go On:
“Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone”

This song famously featured in TITANIC the movie. It tells us about the importance of love and how it must always be shared by one and all. It gives chills to everyone who listens to it.

Pharrel Williams- Happy:
“It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way”

This song is an incredibly happy song which will definitely rub off the happy wave by the time you complete it. It will ensure that you relax and start crooning the song before it ends.

PS- The list of the above songs is am extremely personal collection of songs which I listen to, when I feel out of place. I have shared this list mainly because I felt that these songs are worth listening to. I had goose bumps writing this blog, because I was listening to these songs while writing.  It is a list which has been collected over the years and is very diverse. However, it just reflects my personal opinion. I would also be happy to engage with anyone sending me their list of such songs and I would be very happy to add additional songs to the list if I like them.





No comments