Header Ads

Summer Love


“In every girl’s life, there is a boy she’ll never forget & a summer she’ll cherish forever.       
In every boy’s life, there is a girl he had fallen for & a summer where it all began..”



Summer can be tough with sun shining hot & bright, when air is warm and the days are long. A brief break from the daily routine of schools and colleges,which creates the perfect opportunity to meet new people and have new experiences. Summer tends to bring out a relaxed mind-set for many, putting the daily tensions in the backyard of mind.
I didn’t understand why people like to move around in such hot & humid climate. They take a trip to their relatives’ and waste their precious spare time of the year, which according to me is meant for taking rest from the whole year of study and work. But I had no choice, so I moved with my parents to my uncle’s place. I thought that a heap of boredom will be piled up in my head as I felt none of the people there are a great company to me. Everyone’s busy with their companions, chatting for hours long: my dad and my uncle speaking of their business trials, share markets; my mom and aunt busy with their cooking recipes, saris and lot; my little brother and my uncle’s son planning strategies for their evening galli cricket tournament. These conversations made me feel like an alien on an unknown planet.



I was unable to contain it any more. So I moved from the apartment on a bicycle. It’s a beautiful city and the sea shore is even more awesome. I loved to go there because in that tough climate everyone’s showing some skin, exercising more and working the fake-bake. In fact everyone looks cuter in the summer. I sat on a bench there enjoying the sight of beautiful climate and girls. It was there I saw her for the first time playing with kids at the sea shore. She came for a summer vacation to her relatives’ place which fortunately is in the same apartment we are in, and it struck up conversation. My propensity for finding summer love took root at that moment. We used to talk for hours long about our studies and the boredom back at our relative’s place. We found each others company more comfortable and it’s like someone with whom we are sharing our true feelings or even have them at the first place. Go outside at night, take our shoes off, sink our feet into the cool water and look for falling stars. One of the most romantic nights I ever had, lying on my back on the beach sand head-to-head with my super-summer-crush.
In that short span of time, I wanted to hide away from the world and indulge in the simple joy of time spent alone with my paramour. Fireflies at twilight on a warm night, fresh mangoes at a sun-drenched picnic, waves crashing, birds singing- it’s all fleeting, and sometimes so is the romance, which made it magical. But it all ended so fastly, when we started packing our bags to leave. The best time of our lives vanished like a withering dream. It was the summer that changed my perception about vacations, that made me wait a long year for the summer to come back, that made me feel the summer lasts forever.


Not all summer loves are meant to last. In a way, that’s part of what makes them so special: they can be as fleeting as the season itself. If your fling gets flung, the kindest thing you can do for yourself is to kiss it goodbye and wish it well—and know that you’ll live to fling again by the time next Memorable Summer rolls around. Passionate yet wistful, this ever-so-slightly twangy tale of a fleeting romance proves that summer love can have an impact long after it’s ended.


         

No comments