Header Ads

Everything I learned in life, I learned from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

#ShanuWritesHere

Author: Shanmukha Kotha

A decade long show that made a generation live, love & laugh and many other generations to come. 10 years of awesomeness, from the first day when Rachel walked into the Central Perk which gave us the first laugh to the last day when they walked out of Monica's Apartment that made us all cry (or as my friend Karan says, you feel like having a lump in your throat) as though a decade is not enough. There are many TV shows, many great shows, many Sitcoms but out of all those F.R.I.E.N.D.S. stand out as the best. You know I feel when you say F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is the best, you are giving the word 'best' a high degree of superlative sense. It is not breathtaking like 'Breaking Bad', not a fantasy world like 'Game of Thrones', not highly dramatized like 'House of Cards', not scary like 'The Walking Dead'. But whenever you see two persons talking about F.R.I.E.N.D.S., I bet you leave them like that and they will be going on talking about it for the whole day. That is it's magic. It never gets old, it never gets boring.

I hate comedies. Yes, underline that. I hate comedies! Because whenever I watch a comedy, I feel like someone is forcibly putting a gun to my head and asking me to laugh. Sometimes, I didn't even realize we are supposed to laugh until the guy next me frowns and says "Dude, you lack a sense of humor". So, that was me. A guy who don't have a sense of humor. But I'm just a guy who is not nuts. I have my preferences and out of which forced laughter is not one. Laugh to me is just a reflex not realization. It is a spark that ignites your lips. To me the beacon of light that ignited my spark are 6 guys in there mid 20's living in 90 Bedford Street, Greenwich Village, New York (That is where Monica's apartment is located at). 


I never thought 6 normal people, just like me, just like you, just like us can create a life long lasing impact. A guy who teaches paleontology, an aspiring actor, a weird girl playing her guitar, a crazy chef, a girl who have no idea about what to do with her life and a guy with a job nobody can understand. Everything I've learned in my life, I've learned from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and these 10 things are a few from the many.


1. It quite normal to be beautifully weird
Do what you love no matter what others think? There will be some people out there who love you for what you are.

2. It's totally OK to be nerdy
People may make fun of you for being so nerdy but always remember that it is your interest that matters a lot. Even nerdy and studious guys can be cool and funny.

3. Don't rely on your parents for everything
You should be able to live an independent life and stand on your own toes. I takes courage to shun away from financial securities and find your niche in the the world.

4. You live to eat, not eat to live
Always love eating and never waste your food.

5. Humor is the remedy for all problems
How painful and humiliating, life can be, always tackle it with humor and sarcasm.

6. Be a control freak and loathe untidiness
It is not always good to be dominating but when it comes to cleanliness and discipline, you have to be dominating.

7. Take time to hang out with friends
Always spend time with your friends. In this busy world, a friend is someone on whom you can always rely upon in your joy and despair.

8. Never give up on your passion
Be it acting, fashion, advertising, music, teaching or cooking.. Never give up your passion. Always do what you love in your life. Only then you can be professionally happy.

9. True love is always insane and can be found in unexpected places
Sometimes it can be your friend, sometimes it can be your old crush, sometimes it can your blind date. One day or the other, you will definitely find your lobster. When you find them, never leave them...NEVER.

10. Always be there for your friends
Be there for your friends, like Joey, Phoebe, Rachel, Ross, Chandler and Monica are there for each other. They'll be there for us..ALWAYS.

No comments